[Mailman-Developers] Debate about Mailman on BytesForAll

Robby Griffin rmg at terc.edu
Thu Aug 26 23:10:03 CEST 2004

On Thursday, Aug 26, 2004, at 16:47 US/Eastern, Dale Newfield wrote:

> Do we have "DON'T use on AFS/NFS" warnings in prominent enough places
> prevent that type of deployment from happening?

I would say no. From INSTALL:

- If you plan on running your MTA and web server on different
   machines, sharing Mailman installations via NFS, be sure that
   the clocks on those two machines are synchronized closely.

Not that Mailman 3 has an install document yet, but there is plenty of
stuff in 2.x that seems geared toward this kind of use. I can recall at
least one instance of hearing from someone on the list using NFS to
split up MTA and webserver.

	--Robby