[Mailman-Developers] How to remove X-Confirm-Reading requests from mail headers distributed by Mailman?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat Apr 3 14:45:23 EST 2004

At 3:01 PM +0200 2004/04/03, Andrzej Kasperowicz wrote:

>                                                            He claimed that
>  list-owners should configure their mailing list programs to remove that
>  kind of headers, that it should be within their basic tasks to do when
>  configuring a list.

	I disagree.  I've been running mailing lists for more than ten
years.  This is not a basic task for any mailing list administrator.
This is an advanced issue that very few mailing list administrators
(should) need to have to deal with.  This is part of why very few
mailing lists have the built-in ability to strip arbitrary headers.

>                       Well, I couldn't argue much with that.

	I can.

>                                                              There should
>  be indeed such a feature in Mailman like it is in ecartis: a form where
>  could be set colon separated headers to be removed from outgoing
>  messages:
>  http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/~ak/rozne/ecartis/freelists_config.gif

	We are not going to take every single bloody feature of ecartis
and re-implement that in Mailman.  If you want ecartis, then use it.
Otherwise, you're welcome to continue using Mailman.

>  Regerding MTA. I'm not the admin of the server, and I have no acccess to
>  it. Besides, I don't think it would be a good thing to do it on MTA level
>  (other people could complain...), it should be possible to do within
>  Mailman by list-owners.

	Indeed, many MTAs don't have this ability, either.  This just
isn't a standard feature that you will find in mail or mailing list
systems.