[Mailman-Developers] How to remove X-Confirm-Reading requests from mail headers distributed by Mailman?

Andrzej Kasperowicz andyk at spunge.org
Sat Apr 3 08:01:20 EST 2004

> the common MUA that recognizes this header, and are not computer
> savvy-enough to know how to turn this "feature" off.  That would tend

The person who complained about it to me, was able to turn it off, but he
didn't want to do so, claiming that he needs it sometimes to inform
people writing to him in private that he read their e-mails. He is using
The Bat, and he set it that way, that it was poping up a window telling
him that someone sent an e-mail with x-confirm-reading, and he should
either accept it (send a confirming message) or deny it. He claimed that
list-owners should configure their mailing list programs to remove that
kind of headers, that it should be within their basic tasks to do when
configuring a list. Well, I couldn't argue much with that. There should
be indeed such a feature in Mailman like it is in ecartis: a form where
could be set colon separated headers to be removed from outgoing
messages:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/~ak/rozne/ecartis/freelists_config.gif

Regerding MTA. I'm not the admin of the server, and I have no acccess to
it. Besides, I don't think it would be a good thing to do it on MTA level
(other people could complain...), it should be possible to do within
Mailman by list-owners.

ak