[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.2 doesn't work with postfix-style virtual domains + patch

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Sep 14 00:32:45 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 21:07, John A. Martin wrote:

> ISTM the Postfix documentation is pretty clear with one
>
>         virtual-alias.domain   anything
>
> line.  Anything else even that might "work" would be exploiting an
> undocumented feature that might well change without notice, IMHO.

Interesting.  You prompted me to go back and read the documentation for
virtual domains, which I realize I hadn't done since switching to
Postfix 2.0.x.  The terminology has changed -- what used to be called
Postfix-style virtual domains is now just virtual host domains, and
there's no mention of Sendmail-style domains.

I think the deal is that if you have other aliases in your virtual
domain, you've already got the IGNORED line in those other virtual
files.  But if you've only got mailing lists in those virtual domains,
then you might not have the IGNORED lines set up.

I'm tempted to update the documentation and back out the patch (which
didn't work anyway when there are multiple virtual domains present).