[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Oct 29 23:37:49 EST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 8:27 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> We should just throw everything into a ZODB FileStorage Data.fs file,
> and let it grow to gigs in size <1/2 wink>.

<troll>
until you have to split it across two disks because one is full.

and don't forget, a single monolithic storage file gets backed up fully
every time you change it. The guy in charge of buying tapes to back up
your system just screamed in agony, since there's no possibility of an
incremental backup for what is 99.9999999% static data.

</troll>