[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

David Birnbaum davidb at chelsea.net
Wed Oct 29 16:05:43 EST 2003

Howdy,

A few comments from the peanut gallery:

1.  grep, perl, awk, vim, emacs, cp, mv, tar, etc. don't work too well on
    SQL databases, but are nice for admins who want quick and dirty
    searching, move mailman to a new machine, or need to poke around.

2.  third-party add-ons make it that much harder to install.  If I have to
    set up a Mysql or Postgres database to use Mailman, it's a step that
    will put off people who don't already have it going.

Cheers,

David.

-----