[Mailman-Developers] msgmerge

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Wed Oct 8 17:04:42 EDT 2003

The comment in the makefile that says something like "You shouldn't
have to do this, but if you need to rebuild the catalogs you'll need
gnu make and msgmerge from the gnu gettext" probably ought to include a
version number.  I *did* have gettext; it was part of the big solaris 9
gnu utils disk (which saves an awful lot of time of installing stuff
:-)).  It was, however, 0.10.35,
and that version doesn't have the -U option.  I downloaded 0.12.1 and
built and installed it, and *that* version does...

Now I can go back to running make on my cvs update :-)