[Mailman-Developers] mailman 2.1.2 upgrade warning on OS X.

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed May 7 21:46:24 EDT 2003

barry:

FYI: while trying to update from CVS tonight, I got errors during the
make. "msgmerge -U" was erroring out as an unknown option.

turns out (a) msgmerge (and gettext) aren't installed on OS X as part
of the disto. I'd previously installed them through fink -- but fink is
distributing a really old version (0.10.something instead of 0.11.5).
So this change to the gettext stuff is going to break OS X
installations as they try to upgrade, and they're going to have to
track down and install the current gettext to make things work again
(I'm in process now, it's unclear that's all I'll find....)

perhaps the README should be updated for this?