[Mailman-Developers] How to use real virtual hosting?

Nathan Neulinger nneul at umr.edu
Tue Mar 18 18:47:28 EST 2003

Actually, as long as you reasonably automate things, multiple
installations of mailman is not a big deal. What sucks rocks is having
to run multiple mailman controller processes simultaneously, when a
simple iterative queue processor would cover the needs of most sites.

There was a post on this list a while back on an unsupported way to do
that. I'd very much like to see this be a supported mechanism, via
something as simple as:

mailmanctl -s oneshot

Then, for sites that need that functionality of a non-ugly-hack virtual
hosting, they have a easy way to do this in a supported fashion - just
call mailmanctl -s oneshot for each installation of mailman in sequence
every X minutes, perhaps even running a few in parallel for extra
performance, but not running ALL of them at the same time.

-- Nathan