[Mailman-Developers] Links to mailman/python/gnu in footer, data about mailman's use?

PieterB pieterb at gewis.nl
Sat Jun 21 19:47:15 EDT 2003

Hi,

I noticed that the icons at the bottom of a mailman page aren't links to
resp. Mailman, Python and GNU. Wouldn't it be a good idea to turn them
into hyperlinks, so that people can easily find information about the
software that's running their mailinglist software.
This can also be done in the pipermail footer.

BTW Is there any data on the use of mailman and other mailinglist
software? (e.g. number of downloads, number of lists, etc).  You
can see the pageranks of the various mailinglist servers at:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/List_Management/?tc=1

I also did a quick lookup of the number of results on several queries:

	Mailman: about 5,030,000 hits in Google
	Listserv: about 2,780,000 hits in Google
	Majordomo: about 3,740,000 hits in Google
	Mailman+python: about 298,000 hits in Google
	Mailman+list: about 1,580,000 hits in Google
	Listserv+list: about 1,230,000 hits in Google
	Majordomo+list: about  1,140,000 hits in Google
	Lyris: about 135,000 hits in Google
	"Mojo Mail": about 9,150. hits in Google

PieterB

--
http://zwiki.org/PieterB