[Mailman-Developers] Interfacing to Mailman data

Dale Newfield Dale at Newfield.org
Mon Jul 28 12:42:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Kevin McCann wrote:
> I know you're a busy guy. So how can I help?

Great--that's the whole point of the open source movement.  If it doesn't
do what you need, you are free to make modifications.  If you feel your
modifications would be generally useful, please consider donating them
back to the commuity that provided the original tool.

> I'm not a Python programmer yet but I'm willing to become one to get
> these kinds of things to happen.

Luckily python is a very easy langauge to learn.

> Could you help me get started by indicating what files I would need to
> copy and then modify to, say, create an interface-friendly version of
> list_lists?

Believe it or not, the answer to that question is the file named
"list_lists" located in the bin directory.

Good Luck!

---
Dale Newfield <Dale at Newfield.org>

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, on the Statue of Liberty