[Mailman-Developers] Storing additional user data

Chris Boulter chris at jellybaby.net
Fri Jul 11 10:47:15 EDT 2003

On Thu 2003-07-10 12:20:37 -0700, Donn Cave wrote:
> I think that might be what I meant.  Say your site is zoo.org, and your ID
> in your external system is "cboulter".  Set up a host y that references
> that data, so mail to cboulter at y.zoo.org forwards to chris at jellybaby.net.
> Use cboulter at y.zoo.org in Mailman.  Voila'. If that made sense, I suppose
> you would already be doing it, but at any rate that was the idea.

I think we'd still have problems with incoming mail to Mailman. We'd have to
set something up to rewrite From addresses to match what Mailman was
expecting, so it could verify that users really are subscribed to mailing
lists and such like. That might be doable though; I'll carry on thinking
about it some more.

Thanks for everyone's contributions. It seems like this is a bit of a hot
topic!

> I only threw in "LDAP" to sound like I know what I'm talking about.

:-)

--
Write friendlier email : http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/mail/edit.html
Certify your signature : http://sig.jellybaby.net/           [101f42d9ex623]