[Mailman-Developers] Storing additional user data

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jul 10 19:51:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:19, Chris Boulter wrote:

> Does Mailman support the storage of any sort of user metadata? If not, would
> it be easyish to add? I'm not terribly familiar with Python, but it looks
> like I could add attributes to a class and then have them persisted by
> Python's 'marshalling' into a (non-standard) Mailman database.

Donn and Charlie posted good responses.  I'll just add two things:

- I'm designing Mailman3's user database so that additional foreign
information can be stored with Mailman's concept of a user.  We'll see
if this works out as planned.

- You can "just add" attributes to the MailList object, e.g. via the
extend.py machinery, and it will persist automatically, as long as the
value is pickleable.

Cheers,