[Mailman-Developers] Storing additional user data

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jul 10 22:43:27 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 17:37, David Birnbaum wrote:

> Somewhat expensive, perhaps...BUT it has the advantage of being pretty
> quick to write and very simple for those who don't have the time,
> knowledge, or resources (#1 and #3, in my case) to build something more
> complicated.  And, how many requests per second are really going to hit
> the server, in any case?

I'm not against a command line interface that meets your needs, if
that's the most expedient way to hook Mailman up to foreign systems.  I
/would/ however like to have some requirements for that hookup so we can
tailor the scripts to those specific needs.  For example, the current
crop of scripts in bin/ were written primarily to solve a problem that
the human operator was having.  That may not be the most efficient or
useful interface for hooking two programs up.