[Mailman-Developers] Quick introduction and a few questions

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Jan 29 12:10:17 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm a long time user and champion of mailman and have joined this list as
it looks like my next project will require mailman with changes.

I am working on a newsletter system (publish only) which is multi-channel:
web, e-mail, SMS, MMS, fax, etc. There are currently over 10,000 users.

I am hoping to use mailman for the e-mail part but hopefully obvious
reasons would like to keep user management outside of mailman. I imagine
this is a common need. I have searched the site checked Google but there
doesn't seem to be much about apart from a proposal for an
InterfaceTemplate on Barry's page at Zope.org.

Questions:
is this already possible? and if so where do I get more info?
if this is not already possible who else has got a similar need?

I'm also looking at QoS for e-mail delivery, ie. make sure all e-mails
leave their MTAs within 15 of posting. From what I've read on the FAQs
mailman seems to be predestined to implement this provide there sufficient
MTAs which are correctly configured. What suggestions for metrics in this
regard do people have.

Thanx