[Mailman-Developers] bug report : nntp connect failure does not specify host nameZ

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jan 18 15:02:07 EST 2003

>>>>> "dhesi" == dhesi  <dhesi at rahul.net> writes:

    dhesi> I am using Mailman 2.0.13 as included RedHat Linux 7.2.

    dhesi> When mailman is unable to make an nntp connection to a News
    dhesi> host, it returns an error of the form shown below.  In this
    dhesi> error message it does not specify to which host it was
    dhesi> trying to connect.  This seems like a minor thing.  But in
    dhesi> fact, due to this omission, I spent a lot of time debugging
    dhesi> a connection failure problem.  I did not realize that due
    dhesi> to a DNS and /etc/hosts inconsistency, mailman was trying
    dhesi> to connect to the wrong host.

Try 2.1; the error message now includes this information.