[Mailman-Developers] bug report : nntp connect failure does not specify host nameZ

dhesi at rahul.net dhesi at rahul.net
Wed Jan 15 20:48:07 EST 2003

Hi, I'm sorry, I tried to submit a bug report via the SourceForge
project page, but could not find any buttons or links on the 'bugs' and
'tracker' pages that would let me submit a new bug report.

I am using Mailman 2.0.13 as included RedHat Linux 7.2.

When mailman is unable to make an nntp connection to a News host, it
returns an error of the form shown below.  In this error message it does
not specify to which host it was trying to connect.  This seems like a
minor thing.  But in fact, due to this omission, I spent a lot of time
debugging a connection failure problem.  I did not realize that due to a
DNS and /etc/hosts inconsistency, mailman was trying to connect to the
wrong host.

Rahul