[Mailman-Developers] Sourceforge notifications considered harmful

Dan Mick dan.mick at sun.com
Thu Jan 16 16:36:21 EST 2003

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> a. I create a mailman-coders at python.org list
>
> b. Send SF tracker messages to this list instead of mailman-developers
>
> c. Possibly (and I think optimally), retire mailman-checkins and send
>    the cvs diffs to mailman-coders as well.  Personally, I don't see
>    the need for two different lists, but -checkins is more than this
>    list would do
>
> So vote by the -1/0/+1 rules against these options:
>
> 1. Do nothing, everything's fine just the way it is

-1

> 2. Do a + b

+1

> 3. Do a + b + c

-1

(I'm very interested in checkins; I'm not very interested in "I tried to
install Mailman and it didn't work, can you help?" buried in pounds of
Sourceforge crap.  Those notifications from SF's bugtracking *suck*, is a
large part of the problem; if they just had delta text, or even changebars,
or something, they'd suck a lot less.)