[Mailman-Developers] Anti-Virus

Rodolfo Pilas rodolfo at pilas.net
Wed Jan 8 21:12:00 EST 2003

I have just download latest CVS version of MM and I am installing it.

I use Postfix + procmail + AnomySanitizer + AVP_Antivirus + MailMan

Today when I send a message to a mailinglist of users of my server I
have the problem that the AnomySanitizer and AntiVirus scan each copy of
message for each user.  This causes a very important overload for the
server.

In other words, a message to a list  AllOfMyUsers at mydomain.com  tavel
the following way:

message -> SMTP -> mailman post AllOfMyUsers ->
(many copies)
-> procmail -> AnomySanitizer -> Antivirus -> user1 mailmbox
-> procmail -> AnomySanitizer -> Antivirus -> user2 mailmbox
-> procmail -> AnomySanitizer -> Antivirus -> user3 mailmbox

I would like to move the Sanitizer+Antivirus check before MM make many
copies of the message and to check only one time.

Something like this:

message -> SMTP -> mailman post AllOfMyUsers -> AnomySanitizer ->
Antivirus ->
(many copies)
-> procmail -> user1 mailmbox
-> procmail -> user2 mailmbox