[Mailman-Developers] ng-arch: New list for discussing a better archiver

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Feb 27 11:44:46 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 03:10:51PM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> I've started a mailing list, ng-arch, for design and development of a
> better mail archiving system.  To subscribe go to:

> It would be nice if this new archiver's implementation can be suitable
> for inclusion with Mailman 2.2 (and can be implemented in time), but
> if that's not possible it might be a standalone project.

I've seen some discussion of integration with Zope or at least use of
ZODB.  I'm currently working away at a Zope product that has certain
mailing list elements.

The use of Zope would provide things like indexing and searching
pretty directly.

Are you thinking of moving in this direction, or can anyone comment on
plans in this area?  I know it would be a pretty big project to do a
complete conversion.  For example, the ZMailman project, as far as I
can tell, contemplates only using Zope to generate HTML forms, but not
to manage the underlying data of lists, users, and messages.