[Mailman-Developers] HTML in digests

Haxial mailmanlist at haxial.com
Tue Feb 11 02:58:04 EST 2003

Hello

Fantastic work on Mailman, love it!

But I think I found a bug.  When Mailman collects emails to put them into
a digest, it doesn't properly handle multipart MIME emails that contain
both HTML and plain text.

This means that when someone uses MS Outlook or another email program
that sends multipart HTML + plain text, all the HTML crap is included in
the digest email, which makes reading the digest a real chore.

When forming the digest, Mailman should strip out any HTML parts, and
leave only the plain text parts.   Here are the relevant lines from an
example of an email that had multipart HTML and plain text: