[Mailman-Developers] I hate the 1st of the month.

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Sat Feb 1 15:01:48 EST 2003

Just venting.  I'm in my monthly "God, I *hate* the password reminder scheme" phase.  I get over it in a few days.  But for the next 48 hours or so I'm dealing with a stream of people who reply to mailman-owner with a "please take me off the list" note, leaving me to send back endless streams of form letters along the lines of "Look, Jane, you ignorant slut, read the damn note and unsubscribe your own damn self, I don't even know which *list* you're on!"

(Let's see how many saturday night live fans are in the audience :-))

Yes, I know I have the tools to pretty straightforwardly find the list and kill them from the command line, but that presumes it's a list I manage myself.

In between these bouts, I like the feature.