[Mailman-Developers] confirmation

dj jochen [d-mission] jochen at d-mission.be
Sun Aug 31 23:08:46 EDT 2003

hi,

In the mailinglist I use the subscribers only can read the postings of the admins and moderators.
The only functionality the subscribers should have is subscribing and unsubscribing from the list by mail.

That's all ok, but for that use only my subscribers obtain to much information and get confused when they subscribe now.
because the got a mail like this:

<start of mail>

Mailing list subscription confirmation notice for mailing list
Mailman-Developers

We have received a request from 213.224.83.167 for subscription of
your email address, "jochen at d-mission.be", to the
to be added to this mailing list, simply reply to this message,
keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:

    http://mail.python.org/mailman/confirm/mailman-developers/blablabla

Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
message to mailman-developers-request at python.org:

    confirm blablabla

Note that simply sending a `reply' to this message should work from
most mail readers, since that usually leaves the Subject: line in the
right form (additional "Re:" text in the Subject: is okay).

If you do not wish to be subscribed from this list, please simply
disregard this message.  If you think you are being maliciously
subscribed to the list, or have any other questions, send them to
mailman-developers-owner at python.org.

<end of mail>

Instead I should prefer that they only get a mail where they can read that they should confirm by replying with an empty mail, not by logging in etc.

idem dito for the welcome mail with all the urls. They're useless and only confusing for my subscribers.

Is there a way to change this?

I allready tried with the welcome_msg function but that doesn't replace the original text.

tnx,