[Mailman-Developers] 2.1.2/Solaris 8 Problems with OutgoingRunner

Charles Gagnon charlesg at unixrealm.com
Fri Aug 29 13:23:15 EDT 2003

Sorry to bother the developers with this but I tried the users list
of couple of times to no avail. Plus, it almost seem like there a
bug or an incombatibility with something somewhere...

I've just upgraded from Mailman 2.0.x to 2.1.2 using Python 2.2.2 on
a Solaris 8 box.

The "qrunner --runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s" process starts okay and
stays okay to send one message (either confirmation or post) and
than is just hangs. It does not die but doesn't send anything else.
After that one message, even a "mailmanctl stop" won't stop it. I
have to manually kill -9 it. And outgoing stuff just accumulates in
qfiles/out.

I'm not sure what to do or where to look. I looked in all the logs
and tried running it by hand. Same result. I even tried to truss it
to see if I could find something.

Any ideas?

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody

   640K ought to be enough for anybody.
        -- Bill Gates, 1981