[Mailman-Developers] feature request: new option for reply_goes_to_list

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:26:58 -0700

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:58:29 +0200
Simone Piunno <pioppo@ferrara.linux.it> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 06:19:21PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

>>> (yeah, I know that reply-to munging is considered harmful but I
>>> consider more important to keep discussions inside the lists and
>>> anyway this has

>> I'm just amazed at how many times I've read this complete nonsense.

> Marc, I see you are the only one fighting my request and I have 3
> people saying it's ok for them.

No, for most of us know this religious debate of old, are tired of it,
understand it far better than we're interested in, and just don't
bother.

>> By forcing a reply to list upon them, you are removing that choice

> again, I'm neither removing nor forcing anything.

Given a list which munges Reply-To in any manner, how do I:

  a) Move a thread on to a different list?

  b) Ensure that all replies default to me only and not the list (so
  that I may summarise later)?

  c) Trivially (default command) reply to author only?

  d) Remove myself from followups to a thread?

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?