[Mailman-Developers] Can't Approve/Reject/Discard from Admin Web Interface

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Wed Oct 30 18:15:41 2002

On 30 October 2002, Rick Ennis said:
> Hi...  I have a quick question.

Sorry, I don't have any quick answers -- just more questions.

> I just started playing with 2.1 yesterday (snagged 2.1b4+ from cvs) and have
> been searching the mailing lists all morning.  What I can't seem to figure
> out is...  should the approve/reject/discard interface on the admin screen
> be working (in this beta)?   I click one of the radio buttons followed by
> "submit all data" but it just reloads the same page.  Logging out and back
> in shows no change in the db state.

Which web browser, and on which OS?  Which web server, and on which OS?
What does your web server log say?  Anything weird like an HTTP proxy
server in the way?  Have you tried running a packet tracer (I like
ethereal myself) to the traffic between web browser and server to make
sure it looks sane?

> None of my files in the mailman/logs
> directory have been updated, nor my /var/log/messages file.

AFAIK Mailman does not use syslog, so /var/log/* should be irrelevant.

Do look in ~mailman/data though -- that's where it stores pending
messages.  When you approve/reject/discard a message, a file should
disappear from that directory (I think).

> Is this not
> implemented yet or did I just do something brain-dead during the
> installation?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/