[Mailman-Developers] Is anyone gatewaying to a moderated newsgroup?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:10:35 -0400

I'd like to know if anybody else uses Mailman to gateway a mailing
list to a moderated newsgroup.  On python.org we gateway
python-announce-list to comp.lang.python.announce, but we have to use
SF patch #401270 to do so.

Under prodding by the FSF, I've thought about this issue some more,
and it's something I have to deal with before we can move
python-announce-list over to the MM2.1 code base.  I had a brainstorm
about how to make this much easier to support, but I'd like to bounce
this off of someone else for some sanity checking.

This seems like an esoteric subject, so I don't want to bother the
lists if no one else is doing this.  If there's interest, I'll follow
up with a message to just mailman-developers.

Thanks,
-Barry