[Mailman-Developers] Suppressing mailman non-error responses

Stonewall Ballard sb.list@sb.org
Wed Nov 20 22:59:43 2002

On 11/20/02 4:22 PM, "Carson Gaspar" <carson@taltos.org> wrote:

> Currently, when you subscribe to a mailing list, the following occurs:
>
> -> -request "subscribe"
> <- received subscribe
> (optional cookie send, respond)
> <- subscribe results
> <- list welcome
>
> I'd _really_ like to not send the "I parsed your request and got no errors"
> e-mail, as it is entirely redundant. Obviously, if there were errors in the
> request, it's a different story.

My users are frequently confused by that message, especially since it
typically complains about the irrelevant text in the confirmation message.

I would gladly avoid sending this unless there was a confirmation failure.

 - Stoney