[Mailman-Developers] [2.1b4] /usr/local/mailman/pythonlib has wrong permissions after make install

Satya satyap@satya.virtualave.net
Tue Nov 5 09:31:14 2002

On Nov 4, 2002 at 22:31, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>I honestly think your estimation of how many people read the
>documentation is highly overestimated ;)

What do they think the documentation is for, inflating the tarball
size?

But, yeah, I don't read docs either, until there's a problem. No
excuse for not skimming through the READMEs and INSTALLs, though.

>Could it really hurt to put a note at the end of make install --
>something like 'You should now run $prefix/bin/check_perms to see if any
>files or directories just installed need permission fixes.'

You might as well cat out manual.txt, then, because if it's not
check_install it's crontab. Or --with[cgi|mail]-gid. Or aliases. No,
perhaps a note at the end of make install saying 'Read the README.
Really. We mean it." would have the same effect.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
Pound forehead on keyboard to continue.