[Mailman-Developers] Privacy problems with UserNotification

Jost Krieger Jost.Krieger+mailman@rub.de
Mon Nov 4 12:16:34 2002

We are converting a few lists to Mailman 2.1b3 and used add_members with the "-c" flag.
It turns out add_members uses UserNotification to send out the "big changes" message and
UserNotification puts all the recipients into the To: header. As this was for an
"adminstrator only" roster, not a good idea. I have no idea where else this could happen.
If nowhere else, a loop in add_members might be enough.

Jost
--
| Jost.Krieger+sig@ruhr-uni-bochum.de  Please help stamp out spam! |
| Postmaster, JAPH, resident answer machine          am RZ der RUB |