[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-554345 ] New Feature: Support no web access

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Sat, 11 May 2002 23:00:49 -0700

Bugs item #554345, was opened at 2002-05-09 22:12
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=554345&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Our Mailman 2.0 server is behind a firewall.

Some groups of users are entirely within the firewall,
and they can use the web interface to unsubscribe,
etc.  Mailman can handle these lists fine.

Other lists include some users inside the firewall,
and some users outside the firewall. On these lists, I
do not want the URL to the web interface to be
published, as it will not be accessible for many
users.  I only want to publish instructions on how to
edit options through the mail interface (or perhaps
through another web interface in our DMZ which
translates the requests to SMTP requests).

However, the standard messages that get sent to
subscribing users includes a reference to that URL.

I would like to control this on a per list basis.