[Mailman-Developers] Another broken message

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Thu, 9 May 2002 15:52:36 -0700

At 13:38 -0400 5/9/2002, Ron Jarrell wrote:
>Ok, I got another instance (that makes 5 I've seen now) of mailman
>sticking the headers into the body of the note..
>
>There were extremely abbreviated headers, a blank line, a mangled header,
>and then the rest of the headers in the body of the note.
>
>The body starts:
>

><20020509170855.SJAK2855.mtiwmhc25.worldnet.att.net@webmail.worldnet.att.net>
>          for <yeager-l@lists.vtsffc.org>; Thu, 9 May 2002 17:08:55 +0000
>        Thu, 09 May 2002 17:08:55 +0000
>

>Barry, having seen several examples now, it looks like something in the
>header code every so often dumps a null line into the output while
>building the message, thus causing the rest of the headers to look like
>they're in the body...

If I were writing such an error, I would probably do it first by having a
problem with doing header continuations, if the end of what should be the
last line of the continued header exactly fills the allotted space for a
line.  (Having fixed that, I might get the same result more creatively.  ;-)

In fact, in other contexts I have done that.  Too often.

  --John (who hopes to learn to leave the errors out altogether sometime)
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA