[Mailman-Developers] Re: Upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.1.b2

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:14:57 -0700

At 10:04 -0400 5/7/2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>    AL> Question is, why did it change between 2.0.10 and 2.1.b2 :-)
>
>The -admin address is deprecated.  We wanted to unify the the address
>extension and the script that handles them because it makes life much
>more easy for MTA integration based on regexps.  And it was too hard
>to keep track of whether -admin did bounce processing or not.
>
>    AL> When other sites will upgrade, if they generate lots of
>    AL> traffic, it will be a pain to filter the posts by hand...
>
>Sigh, you can't win, can ya?
>-Barry

We're viewing Mailman 2.1 as a major change point...so we'll try to be
gentle with the existing Mailman lists.  Including not jumping in for
existing lists until 2.1 final is clearly working here.

Meanwhile, we have a handful (half a hand, actually) of Majordomo lists
left...I'm waiting to retrain th list owners directly to Mailman 2.1,
rather than retraining to 2.0 and retraining again.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA