[Mailman-Developers] Re: Re: Upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.1.b2

David Gibbs dgibbs@mks.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 11:04:50 -0500

"Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry, but I'll take a hard line here. If you're filtering messages
THE
> WRONG WAY (using Sender instead of List-ID), then you shouldn't complain
> that it breaks because you're using a header line in a way it's not
intended
> to be used for. The whole purpose of List-ID is identification and
> filtering. Sender isn't. That Sender was used for that doesn't mean it
> SHOULD be used for it when the proper tool is there.

When you have to deal with many different types of email clients, there is
no *WRONG*WAY* to filter ... not every email client has all the filtering
capabilities one would like.

Outlook, Outlook express, Domino, among others, have rather limited
filtering capabilities.

david