[Mailman-Developers] RE: [Mailman-Announce] RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 2

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 10:24:28 -0700

On 5/6/02 10:03 AM, "Bill Bradford" <mrbill@mrbill.net> wrote:

> I'd love to have an option to just "pipe through external filter";

I don't think this is a 2.1 type thing, but I like this idea. It potentially
simplifies a lot of things, and gives admins the ability to configure stuff
on systems where they don't have access to anything but the admin pages.

I would, by the way, do two of these: a pre-filter and a post-filter. The
pre-filter is primarily for cleaning up before it goes for delivery. If you
allow it to return a set of known values, you can even use it for
determining moderator hold, rejection, etc (and through that, plug into
tools like spamassasin). The post-filter would be a nice, easy hook into
things like mhonarc for customized archive systems and the like...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.