[Mailman-Developers] RE: [Mailman-Announce] RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 2

Bill Bradford mrbill@mrbill.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 12:03:07 -0500

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:06:03PM -0400, Thomas M. Parris wrote:
> Barry,
> Thanks for your hard work.  There are a bunch of us out here who truly value
> your efforts.
> I have a thought about your "de-mime" feature.  You indicate a method for
> converting text/html to text/plain via an external filter (lynx).  In
> principle, this could be generalized to convert other mime types to text via
> appropriate external filters.  For example, postscript and pdf files could
> be converted to text via ghostscript.  There are also filters for converting
> MS-Word and rtf files to text.

I'd love to have an option to just "pipe through external filter"; I'm already
doing something similar to this with "demime" and 2.0.10:

austin: "|/bin/demime - |/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post austin"

etc.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford