[Mailman-Developers] bin/qrunner picking up changes

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:30:42 -0500

    MC> With the latest CVS, whenever list's configuration changes
    MC> (i.e. new headers or footers) a bin/mailmanctl restart is
    MC> needed.

I can reproduce this, and it is definitely a bug.  When you change a
list's configuration through the web, it should never require a
bin/mailmanctl restart.  I'll work on a fix, but no promises that
it'll be working by the weekend.

The restart may be necessary if you change stuff in
Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py, but that's okay because you already have
command line access in that case.  Aside: a restart isn't necessary if
you're just mucking with the web side of things.

-Barry