[Mailman-Developers] Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:31:35 -0500

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:33:40AM -0500, barry@zope.com wrote:
> Not hard to do in MM2.1, but I doubt I'll accept much extension in
> this area.  The whole backend user database will be rewritten in a
> future version and IMO, such extra information ought to be kept in an
> external database like LDAP or some such.  Then those databases ought
> to be easily integrated into Mailman's rosters.

<nit pedantic_level="high">
"...in an external database, possibly with an LDAP interface..."
</nit>

This is much akin to XML, which everyone commonly (and incorrectly)
conflates with application architectures which utilize it...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")