[Mailman-Developers] big list

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk
08 Mar 2002 17:04:58 +0000

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 16:49, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> When you turn on VERPing Mailman makes a unique copy of each message
> for each recipient, so do the math. :)

Ugh...

> There might be a way to defer this until SMTP delivery time, in which
> case we'd only create the copies in memory when talking to the smtpd.

Ideally you would make a copy in memory, ship it down the delivery
pipeline, then work on the next copy... really only need a few copies
actually in python memory at once (pretty much just the number of
outgoing delivery streams).

> These copies would get gc'd after delivery, but we'd still have to
> play the game that I think Marc brought up about not blasting too many
> messages down the same socket connection.

Fun :-)

Of course as the MTA catches these its going to make a queue file on
disk for each one unless you can do this funky passing the VERP stuff
down the pipeline stuff thats been mentioned on the list before.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]