[Mailman-Developers] Handling bounces correctly?

Colin Mackinlay colin@mackinlay.demon.co.uk
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:42:13 +0000 (GMT)

In <URL:news:local.mailman-d> on Mon 04 Mar, Dan Mick wrote:

> > My cvs installation is sending me bounces rather than processing them.
> >
> > Looking at the aliases automatically added to postfix there are two
> > duplicates:
> >
> > test-admin    /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test
> > test-bounces  /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test
> >
> > This seems to be true for all lists. Am I missing something obvious?!
>
> That's the way the aliases are supposed to be set up.
> "Sending me...rather than processing"... does that mean
> they're coming addressed to you specifically, or to the
> 'owner' set up for the 'test' list, or some other path?
Having looked at the mailman bounces log I find that quite a few bounces
have been received correctly and dealt with, both before and after the
ones that are redirecting to me.

The offending email address is clearly identified in the bounced message
so it should be picked up. If not, I thought the default was to discard
it.

Interim solution is just to manually remove this address but the purist
in me wants to know why its not happening automatically!

--
Colin Mackinlay