[Mailman-Developers] Missing footers with latest CVS

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:13:23 -0800 (PST)

>     Dan> Installed latest CVS yesterday, and notice now that some
>     Dan> posters are not getting footers added to their messages.  I
>     Dan> suspect the footer-add-based- on-language code is at fault,
>     Dan> but I haven't had time to isolate a pattern yet.  Anyway,
>     Dan> consider this Distant Early Warning that that code isn't
>     Dan> working for some otherwise-untroubled list members.
>
> Maybe it's working as intended? ;)

well, then, how it's intended has a bug.  :)

> Are they posting messages with a charset that is not the same as the
> mailing list's charset?  The default charset is us-ascii; I will
> hazard a guess that they are posting messages flagged as UTF-8 or
> ISO-8859-1 but that are really us-ascii.

Well, so, one of them has no charset expressed at all that I can see.

> We can add a work around for this, but it will be hard.

Not really, if appropriate workaround is "ignore
the incoming charset and add this footer unconditionally please".