[Mailman-Developers] New dev considering adding RSS support

Rob Lanphier robla@robla.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:47:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm a longtime mailman user, but new to mailman development.  A while
back, I submitted a feature request for RSS:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=534234&group_id=103&atid=350103

In response, I received the question: "care to submit a patch?"  I'm in a
good place to work on something like this now.  However, I thought I'd
send this mail out there first, in case there's any advice/recommendations
for how to do this.

In particular, I've been skimming the code in Mailman/Archiver, and I
notice there's a TODO note regarding the template strings needing
to be broken out.  Since I'll probably be doing something similar, I'll
need to either add to the mess, or help allievate it.  Is the template
breakout something I should do while I'm in there, or should I let someone
who's more familiar handle that?

Thoughts?
Rob