[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1b2 and qmail

Ellen Spertus spertus@mills.edu
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:19:46 -0700

At 02:23 PM 6/20/2002 -0700, spertus@mills.edu wrote:

>There seems to be a problem.  qmail-to-mailman.py
>includes:
>
>     if os.path.exists(local):
>         os.execv(MailmanHome + "/mail/mailman",
>                  (MailmanHome + "/mail/mailman", type, local))
>
>In my configuration, this is an attempt to exec
>/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman,
>which doesn't exist.  Perhaps it should be:
>
>     if os.path.exists(local):
>         os.execv(MailmanHome + "/scripts/mailman",
>                  (MailmanHome + "/scripts/mailman", type, local))

That was a silly hypothesis.  /usr/local/mailman/scripts/mailman is the
script that turns mailman on or off.  qmail-to-mailman.py was correct.  The
problem was that mail/mailman never got created from
mailman-2.1b2/src/mail-wrapper.c, which I'll now try to understand.

>Has anyone gotten Mailman 2.1b2 to work with qmail via
>contrib/qmail-to-mailman.py?

My original question still stands.

Ellen