[Mailman-Developers] Problem with invite confirmations in CVS

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:14:39 -0400

Well, I figured out my HostileAddress problem (a typo in CVS) and the
problem that was hiding (it's Invite*New*Member, not InviteMember
<sigh>)...  and now my confirmation reply is erroring out.  The
traceback:

Jun 05 12:02:33 2002 (1522) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 105, in
__oneloop
    self.__onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 154, in
__onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py", line 192, in
_dispose
    res.do_command('confirm', (mo.group('cookie'),))
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py", line 118, in
do_command
    return handler.process(self, args)
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Commands/cmd_confirm.py", line 44, in
process
    results = mlist.ProcessConfirmation(cookie, res.msg)
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1015, in
ProcessConfirmation    # Confirmation processing
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Pending.py", line 97, in confirm
    db = _load()
  File "/appl/mailman2.1/Mailman/Pending.py", line 121, in _load
    return cPickle.load(fp)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'UserDesc'

I'm not sure if this is because InviteNewMember doesn't take the ack
argument that ApprovedAddmember does, or if it's something else...
I'd like to think that it's *not* the fact that I added a human-readable
address to GetConfirmEmail -- which otherwise worked fine -- or that I
changed the subject line (which, since I'm using VERPed confirmations,
theoretically ought to be acceptable, as well.

Any ideas?

And, BTW: is there anyway to get the Python traceback to show the damned
*values* of the arguments?  Am I the only one who's noticed that the
current scheme is almost useless?  ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")