[Mailman-Developers] bug demonstration

Paul Dickson dickson@permanentmail.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:34:25 -0700

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:44:58 -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 05:35:07PM -0400, Ron Jarrell wrote:
> > It's not just subjects that trigger it - I posted a X-Face header two weeks
>
> I'm very aware of that, my initial post mentionned the X-Spam header from
> SA, and reference headers from buggy outlooks that forget to put a space
> between message-Ids in reference lines

It happened to me today.  A message from a Mailman 2.0.11 mailing list,
created by Mutt/1.2.5.1i.

The References: field had 5 message-ids separated by spaces only, making
the line 254 characters long.  The next line was a blank line (in which a
Status field had been added), pushing the rest of the header info into the
body (the mailing list info, which is why my filters could not sort the
message).

I thought this problem was with my POP3 mailbox server I was using until
the test message came through on this list.

	-Paul