[Mailman-Developers] Cute TMDA use

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@dev.InTechnology.co.uk
30 Jul 2002 15:43:52 +0100

An additional thing that would make me very much in favour of TDMA would
be the possibility of adding a message to the confirmation stating that
by posting to this list they are putting their messages into public
archives.   If they confirm the message then they have given permission
for archiving.

That would mean that all posts to the list are either from subscribers
(who got the information about archiving at time of subscription), or
those that have confirmed their willingness to be archived.

This could be useful in a legal sense for me... since some idiots wish
to rewrite history and I need to make sure that everyone posting did
agree with the policy.  My alternative is to just reject all held
postings out of hand.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]