[Mailman-Developers] Modifying mailman to filter archived messages

Laurence Berland laurence@digitalpulp.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:03:15 -0400

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 12:39 pm, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     LB> Just to clarify, body=msg.get_payload() sets body to the msg
>     LB> payload, and msg.set_payload(body) sets the msg payload to
>     LB> body, right?
>
> Basically, yes, as long as (in the set_payload() situation) you've got
> a text/plain message.  Whether to use set_payload() or attach()
> depends on whether the container is multipart or not.

Ouch-I guess I missed this little detail. I'm trying to get an idea of how
best to do this.   Does this work? (easier in pcode than english):

if not msg.is_multipart and msg_type=="text/plain":
	bod=msg.get_payload()
	<do transform on bod>
	msg.set_payload(bod)
elif msg.get_type() == 'multipart/mixed':
	for part in msg.walk()
		if part_type == "text/plain":
			bod=part.get_payload()
			<do transform on bod>
			part.set_payload(bod)

I've sort of cobbled this together on the fly here, so if it's totally off
please forgive my ignorance, stupidity, lack of sleep, etc...

Laurence