Fwd: Re: [Mailman-Developers] Modifying mailman to filter archived messages

Laurence Berland laurence@digitalpulp.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:28:56 -0400

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 12:48 am, you wrote:
> E.g. you'd do msg.get(fieldname) to get the contents of a header, and
> "del msg[fieldname] ; msg[fieldname] = value" to replace the contents
> of a header.  msg.attach(attachment) or msg.set_payload(body) to
> manipulate the body of a message, etc.

Just to clarify, body=msg.get_payload() sets body to the msg payload, and
msg.set_payload(body) sets the msg payload to body, right?

I'll probably be testing this today and submitting a patch against 2.1... I
don't know if you would want to override feature-freeze for this, but it's a
really incredibly short thing, so it might not be a problem...

Laurence