[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:55:25 -0700

On 7/16/02 11:49 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

>   CVR> starts bouncing selected pieces of the mail because of
>   CVR> filtering systems. Which usually happens because their admin
>   CVR> installs stupid filters...

> Bouncing them to the actual errors address is one thing, but bouncing
> them to the author of the email is the worst offense.  OTOH, I have no
> problem with Mailman being aggressive in disabling such offenders.

For the most part, they seem to end up going to the -admin address. And when
the admin gets tired of throwing them away, we tell them to send a message
to the subscribers saying "get your filters fixed or we'll remove you".
Mostly, they end up getting unsubscribed, since the filters are usually
under control of IS people who are too busy saving the universe to realize
they're impacting company business with false positives...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
    And they all died happily ever after