[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

Phil Barnett philb@philb.us
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:11:31 -0400

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 13:58, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

It's a thoughtful post, and includes many of the things I've been
contemplating myself, but I just had one thing to add about the list
management software becoming the arbiter of replies.

> Are we hitting a point where mail list servers have to act as blind fro=
nt
> ends for all of the subscribers, where replies are processed by those
> servers, and the server then takes on the job of acting as a
> troll-exterminator and spam blocker? And what does that really mean for
> things like Mailman?

What would keep a spammer from using the reply mechanism to shuttle replies
back as if they were individual replies?

I think that something like this would also need spam assassin and maybe even
heuristics to help out.